Tuesday 11 December 2012

Adios Junk Kouture

Well, we have finally reached the end of our Junk Kouture project. We first starred the project at the beginning of September and we have been working on them for 3 double classes every week ever since. A lot of effort has gone into creating our outfits but I think the work has definaly paid off! Although there were a few disagreements a long the way, I feel I have learned a great deal about working with other people in a small group. I also learned a lot of new sowing skills and techniques! 

A fashion Show was held at school yesterday to show case all of the unique dresses made out of recyclable materials. Each group had to pick a song which was suitable to the theme of the dress and also give a 90 word description of the dress while another member of the team modeled the dress on the "runway". 

Unfortunately I was absent yesterday when the fashion show took place, therefore I didn't get to see every-bodies outfit. However, I saw a lots of pics of most of the outfits and they all look amazing! Every dress was made out of something completely different! I am really glad hat we had the opportunity to make outfits out of recyclable materials, it really showed us what can be achieved using "Junk". 

See what other TY students got up to during Junk Kouture here.





No comments:

Post a Comment